Celebrate Goddard at Alumni Weekend Residency!
October 4-6, 2019, Plainfield, VT
The Alumni Weekend Residency is an alumni-driven event that creates emergent spaces for cultivating authentic connection and community. The weekend is intended to provide a homecoming to your academic practice and to inspire and invigorate your future work in the world.
Click here to register– Please register by September 10, 2019 to save your space on campus. Sign up for weekend activities when you register. You are welcome to sign up for more than one way to share your work in the world- see details below. Registration fees ($150) cover all meals and events throughout the weekend. Housing fees are based on your preference and number of nights.
Come share your work, ideas, and creations by participating in any or all of the following ways:
- Goddard Alumni Mini Conference- (Abstract deadline by Aug. 23rd). To present in our Goddard Alumni Mini Conference please send an 150-250 word abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug. 23, 2019. Decisions will be made by Sept 1, 2019. The conference will take place on Saturday.
- Goddard-in-the World Pecha Kucha- (20 slides x 20 seconds). Pecha Kucha is a style of presenting which uses 20 slides for 20 seconds each (6 minuets & 40 seconds in total). This keep presentations concise, allows many people to share their work. You are welcome to use any format (google slides, PowerPoint, etc.) or even good old-fashioned cardboard or poster board. To present via computer, please email your presentation to email@example.com by Sept 20, 2019.
- Haybarn Theatre Alumni Cabaret- (5 minute acts) Bring your act! Or create one on site. Please note the rehearsal call on the weekend schedule upon arrival. The Cabaret is scheduled for Saturday night.
- Greatwood Writers’ Salon- (5 minute readings) Read from your work at Alumni Weekend.
- Small Works Art Show- (small works 16″ x 20″ or under) We will hosting a “small works” art show in the Haybarn Theatre Gallery with an opening during the weekend. All works can only be hung with adhesive putty or hanging wire (no nails or screws). Please note the hanging times on the weekend schedule upon arrival.
Sign-up for each of these activities when you register for the weekend. There will be plenty additional activities throughout the weekend– a complete schedule is on it’s way. Thank you for joining us at the 2019 Alumni Weekend Residency!
For more information click the links below:
More Questions? Contact Meg Hammond: firstname.lastname@example.org or 802.322.1685.
“Any gathering of Goddard students and faculty, past or present, is a reminder of the immense power of letting your real, essential questions lead you to an authentic vocation (or more than one!) Goddard asks each person to look beyond what is expected, assumed, or unquestioned in our families and societies and to seek both the truth and the ways that we can contribute to a better world for all of us. It’s not a lesson that is only relevant when you’re twenty; it’s relevant until you draw your last breath.” – Cass Winner
“I attended Goddard in 1967-68. That school year was pivotal for me in many ways. Both politically and socially (and personally). I learned how to speak out- something I’ve been doing ever since! This is my first time back in 50 years. I read my 1967-68 essay, also my angry 19 year old letter to Goddard and I told part of my story on WGDR. Much more: A moving time.” – Connie Kiosse
“It’s been good having these talks here in this space. There is a lot of passion. Goddard has my support and commitment!” – Tina Baldera
“Our time together this weekend proved to be an engaging experience, a new and fresh beginning for us as alumni. Rich and renewing, relational and connected.”- William Freeman
“Interestingly, I went home and devised a study plan for myself for the next year. I included what I wanted to accomplish personally, professionally, intellectually, spiritually, financially, and socially. I also included a part on what I can do politically (in my case, it is to write my congressmen). Being at Goddard helped me to hone in on what I want to do with my life (at least the next year), and how I can continue to grow and learn.” – Patricia Erzak